[MATHLINK] Home Mathematics Environment Virtual Conference: Call for Poster Submissions

Jo-Anne LeFevre joanne.lefevre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:40:25 CST 2020

[External Email]
Dear colleagues,

The
 Home Mathematics Environment Virtual Conference invites abstract submissions for a virtual poster session to occur asynchronously from October 26th to November 1st, 2020. Posters should broadly focus on research projects related to the home math environment
 and should focus on children between ages 3-6 (studies that include this age and extend either upwards or downwards are also welcome). We encourage abstract submissions (max. 100 words) from researchers at all career stages, and from early career scholars
 (undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs), in particular. Posters that have been presented previously cannot be presented at this conference. However, we welcome poster submissions that were previously accepted to another conference but were not presented
 due to COVID-19 (even if the work has already been published). There is no
 registration fee, so we hope many people can participate
 from around the world.

This
 virtual poster session will include both static, traditional posters (single slide/image) and brief (3-5 minute) lightning talk presentations (the submitter can choose their preferred format on the submission form). We are using an asynchronous platform to
 allow for participants from around the world to use discussion boards and engage in more detailed discussions through adding comments below each poster (throughout the week, presenting authors are asked to reply to these comments).

Abstract
 submissions are now open
and will remain open
until Friday, September 25th,
2020 at 5:00 pm EDT.
 Please submit abstracts using the following
 google form:
 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KOecnXNkZSGzU4WHgRT8bp6jLfnLMPiMXVpw9RaZT0U/edit?usp=sharing>https://bit.ly/HMEPosters2020 <https://bit.ly/HMEPosters2020>.
 We will send email notifications to participants whose posters are accepted (along with instructions for uploading poster materials) by October 2nd, 2020. If accepted, final virtual submissions will be due by Wednesday, October 21st at 5:00PM EDT.  We look
 forward to receiving your submissions!

Best wishes,
The Organizers of the HME Virtual Conference
David Purpura (PI; Purdue University), Caroline Hornburg (Virginia Tech), Joyce Lin (CSU-Fullerton), Ellen Litkowski (OPRE), Melody Kung (Georgia State University), and Giulia Borriello (Indiana University)

--
Caroline Byrd Hornburg, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

This email contains links to content or websites. Always be cautious when clicking on external links or attachments. If in doubt, please forward suspicious emails to phishing at carleton.ca <mailto:phishing at carleton.ca>.