[MATHLINK] Membership issue

Mojtaba Soltanlou mojtaba.soltanlou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:32:29 CST 2023

Dear Andy,

I hope you are well. I just learned from my PhD that the MCLS membership
would be for a calendar year rather than 12 months. I think this could lead
to an unfair treat of the members on several occasions. For instance, many
people needed to renew their membership to be eligible to attend the MCLS
election last October, which would mean paying $125 or $25 for about 2
months. That would have negative consequences on members' contributions to
society in the future events.

Could you please raise this issue with the members of the board? To the
best of my knowledge and experience within the other societies, the
memberships are for 12 months from the date of the payment, which is fair
in my view and would allow the member to access the resources of the
society for 12 months. Happy to further discuss it, as I believe as a
society we need a more sustainable solution. Looking forward to hearing
from you.

Cheers,
Mojtaba

Dr. Mojtaba Soltanlou
Assistant Professor in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience

m.soltanlou at surrey.ac.uk

+44 (0)1483 684195

Room 16 AC 05, School of Psychology

Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences