[MATHLINK] Postdoc position in the Numeracy and Educational Neuroscience lab

Ilaria Berteletti ilaria.berteletti at gallaudet.edu
Tue May 7 16:00:42 EDT 2024

Dear MCLS trainees:

I am excited to share that a postdoc position will soon be available in my
lab. This is a 1-year renewable position for up to 3 years, pending funding
availability and satisfactory performance (n.b., Gallaudet has federal
government benefits).

The postdoc will primarily work on an fMRI project investigating the impact
of language modality on the neural correlates of arithmetic in adult
hearing and deaf participants. Prior fMRI or other neuroimaging method
experience is highly valued and a plus. The postdoc fellow will also work
on other projects and contribute to any ongoing work in the lab as relevant
(full job description soon available).

While ASL is not required at the time of hire, applicants should express a
sincere interest in learning ASL. Any prior sign language knowledge would
be a strong asset. Gallaudet University is an ASL-English bilingual
institution, and communication in the lab happens primarily in ASL as
elsewhere on campus. I am happy to answer questions regarding this
particular aspect of the position.

The paperwork regarding this position is ongoing. However, the expected
start date would be the end of August or early September, with some
flexibility. I will share the formal application link as soon as it is
available. I wanted to share the news so interested candidates can contact
me for more information. If the position is not filled by then, I'm happy
to chat in person at the MCLS conference. You will be able to visit the
campus and the lab spaces.

I look forward to finding the right fellow for this project!

ilaria

*Program Director, **Ph.D. in Educational Neuroscience (PEN) *
*Associate Professor*
*Mathematical Cognition and Learning Society Secretary*
*Director of the Numeracy and Educational Neuroscience Laboratory
<https://sites.google.com/gallaudet.edu/nens-lab/home>*
*Director of the PEN Distinguished Lecture Series **and University
Partnerships (MOUs) and **Faculty Liaison to the **PEN-VL2 Student
Leadership Team *
*Gallaudet University*
*Sorenson Language and Communication Center, 1221*
*800 Florida Ave, N.E.*
*Washington, D.C. 20002*
*USA*
*Tel: 202 651 5673*
*VP: 202 779 9683*

*Please use this link to schedule 30-minutes meetings
<https://calendly.com/ilaria-berteletti/30min>with me. *

*Are you interested in joining our Ph.D. in Educational Neuroscience
Program? More information here: *https://tinyurl.com/EdNeuro24