[MATHLINK] Call for Submissions: MCLS Online Conference 2021

MCLS Trainee mclstrainee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 21:18:50 CST 2021

Dear MCLS Community,

The Mathematical Cognition and Learning Society (MCLS) invites abstract
submissions for our online conference beginning in July 2021. The society
encourages submissions from researchers at all career stages. Submissions
should be made via this link
<https://the-mcls.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=52a664da881817eed812437d0&id=6d8761d9b0&e=f13dd00558>
.

Please contact MCLStrainee at gmail.com if you have any questions.
Submission Deadline 1: April 15, 2021
Submission Deadline 2: June 1, 2021

*Submission Types*
*Symposia*
Symposia are 60-minute sessions that consist of multiple presentations on a
related topic in mathematical cognition and learning. To propose a
symposium, the symposium chair must submit a title and symposium abstract
(max 3500 characters; approximately 500 words) that describes the general
topic of the symposium, the names, and affiliations of the speakers. The
symposium chair must also submit a title and brief description (max 1725
characters; approximately 250 words) for each talk. Submissions that
feature presenters from early career stages and international perspectives
are encouraged.

Symposia may adopt one the following formats:

   - four presenters
   - three presenters and one discussant
   - three presenters

Total time allotted to a session: 60 minutes

*Lightning Talks and Collaboration Pitches *
Lightning talks are maximum 5-minute presentations that are meant to be a
brief communication of stand-alone work. Due to the online nature of the
conference this year, “lightning talks” are taking the place of both
posters and pre-registration posters. We encourage submission of either in
this category.

Collaboration Pitches are 5-minute presentations in which presenters
propose an idea or data for a project and solicit feedback and potential
collaborators. This year, “collaboration pitches” are taking the place of
data blitzes. We encourage submission of presentations that propose
collaborative efforts in data gathering or curation and/or that propose the
use of available data (your own or otherwise publicly available data) that
others might analyze in a collaborative manner. The aim is that these
pitches would provide opportunities for forming new collaborations to
combine or collect larger datasets, provide assistance with analysis or
manuscript preparation, or facilitate data collection in special
populations.

Submit an abstract (max 1725 characters; approximately 250 words) with a
title and the authors’ names and affiliations and indicate whether your
abstract is for a Lightning Talk or Collaboration Pitch.

*Workshop *
We also welcome submissions for workshops. Workshops may focus on diverse
topics such as debates or discussion on theory, novel or underutilized
research methodologies, statistical training, best practices in research,
or career-related conversations. We also  welcome the proposal of panel
discussions, Q&As, or facilitated discussions on hot topics in mathematical
cognition and learning.

Submit an abstract (max 3500 characters; approximately 500 words)
describing the workshop with a title and the organisers’ names and
affiliations, as well as the proposed length of the workshop.

Workshops are anticipated to last between 1-2 hours.

*Register to be a reviewer*
This year, we will select volunteers to peer review the MCLS 2021
submissions.
Please click here
<https://the-mcls.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=52a664da881817eed812437d0&id=3fccebfc88&e=f13dd00558>
register to be a reviewer of submissions.

*Upcoming Opportunities*
In our online conference, we will be holding “pop-up poster sessions” as
lightning talks every other month throughout the 2021-22 year so as to
better provide comments on ongoing research in a timely manner. We will
advertise the calls for these pop-up poster sessions via our email list and
our Twitter account (@MCLStrainee). Stay tuned!

Thanks!
The MCLS Training Board and Conference Organizing Committee