[MATHLINK] MCLS trainee mentoring and announcements

MCLS Trainee mclstrainee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:45:00 CST 2022

Dear MCLS member,

We were very pleased to see so many familiar and new faces at the MCLS
conference in Antwerp and we look forward to a new year for all MCLS
trainees.

We have many exciting ideas for the coming year and we already have two
activities lined up for July and August!

On the *29th of July at 10 am EST/3 pm UK* we are relaunching the
mentoring/buddy program to breathe some new life into it and welcome some
new buddies.

We will organise a speed networking event, giving you the opportunity to
informally chat with each other in small breakout rooms. This would be a
great way to find your perfect match! This event is open to all members and
not only aimed at trainees!
Don't worry if you can't make it, we will still be able to couple you with
your match.
If you are not sure whether you want to become somebody's buddy, feel free
to still join us for some great conversations.

We urge all supervisors of incoming trainees to pass on this email to them.

We wanted to know whether you would be able to join this networking event
so that we are able to organise it to the best of our abilities, so here's
a short google form to let us know if you will be able to make it.

https://forms.gle/e3ey928rXbJ8JYZN7

In August we will have the very first workshop of the year by Professor
Barbara Sarnecka on the Individual Development Plan. More information on
this will follow soon!

We hope to see many of you during the coming activities!

The MCLS trainee board

To join the networking event:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2258337242?pwd=aGlLc1lZc0kxNzdJNm92SUVJS1Q1UT09
Passcode: MCLS2022