[MATHLINK] Postdoc Position in Bayesian Statistics & Numerical Cognition at Tarleton State University

Faulkenberry, Dr. Thomas FAULKENBERRY at tarleton.edu
Mon Apr 17 07:01:42 CST 2023

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to share that I am seeking applicants for a Postdoctoral Research Scholar to work with me at Tarleton State University.

The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will be part of a research team examining the structure of individual differences in numerical/mathematical cognition. The principal investigator, postdoctoral researcher, and graduate students on this team will be using a combination of behavioral experiments, mathematical modeling, and Bayesian statistics to investigate individual differences in an array of mathematical tasks. The postdoctoral scholar is expected to contribute to the scientific leadership of this project and will be primarily involved in implementing behavioral experiments, theoretical model development, data analysis, and manuscript development for a variety of research questions. The postdoctoral scholar will have the opportunity to mentor graduate students and to develop independent side projects to address a variety of related questions, or to develop new techniques related to the project. The postdoctoral scholar may contribute to any component of the project depending on the area of expertise, though candidates that can contribute through their skill in mathematical modeling and/or Bayesian analysis are preferred.

This is a two-year position. Review of applications will begin May 1, 2023, with an anticipated start date on or before September 1, 2023. Questions may be sent directly to me at faulkenberry at tarleton.edu<mailto:faulkenberry at tarleton.edu>, and applications should be submitted at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TARLETON_External/job/Postdoctoral-Research-Scholar_R-061045

Thanks!
Tom

--
Thomas J. Faulkenberry, Ph.D.