[MATHLINK] A book for MCLS membership

Nancy Krasa nancy.krasa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 12:49:56 CST 2023

Dear Fellow MCLS Members,

In case you missed it in the October publication list, *How Children Learn
Math: The Science of Math Learning in Research and Practice*, by Nancy
Krasa, Karen Tzanetopoulos, and Colleen (Uscianowski) Maas (Routledge,
2023, 414 pp.) was released at the end of October. The book reviews the
cognitive and neurocognitive "science of math" in plain English for
teachers and includes home and classroom activities compatible with the
research findings. We cite 1,052 studies in the book and list 658
additional studies in the online supplement.

Chances are good that, if you are an MCLS member, your work was cited. (If
it wasn't, apologies. We were sweating out a word-count limit.)

Enjoy!

Nancy Krasa, Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology
The Ohio State University